议员质问财长 这是什么黄金时代?工薪家庭的生活真相你知道吗?
发布时间:2026-07-25 14:40 浏览量:1
Mr. Secretary, because you're obviously not here to answer questions.
部长先生,因为您显然不是来回答问题的。
I am here to answer questions.
我是来回答问题的。
It's my time, Mr. Secretary. It's my time.
现在是我的发言时间,部长先生,是我的时间。
Health insurance costs are up 26 percent. That's not golden.
医疗保险费用上涨了26%,这可不是“黄金时代”。
Child care costs are up 9 percent. That's not golden.
育儿费用上涨了9%,这可不是“黄金时代”。
Gas prices are up nearly 50 percent. That's not golden.
汽油价格上涨了近50%,这可不是“黄金时代”。
Grocery prices are still straining family budgets. That's not golden.
食品杂货价格仍在挤压家庭预算,这可不是“黄金时代”。
Mr. Secretary, working families don't feel like they're living through a golden age.
部长先生,工薪家庭可没觉得自己正生活在黄金时代。
And while H.R. 1 may have delivered modest tax cuts for some Americans,
尽管H.R. 1法案可能为一些美国人带来了适度的减税,
many families are seeing those savings wiped out by higher costs everywhere they shop.
但许多家庭发现,这些节省下来的钱全被各处上涨的物价吞噬了。
Is that what this administration considers a golden age?
这就是本届政府所谓的黄金时代吗?
And that's rhetorical, so you don't even have to try and talk over me.
这是反问句,所以您不必试图压过我的话。
Secretary, Mr. Secretary,
部长先生,部长先生,
what should I tell Mike?
我该怎么跟迈克说?
What should I tell my constituents when they ask about these costs?
当我的选民问起这些物价时,我该怎么回答他们?
Farmers who are being hit by high costs of fuel and fertilizers,
那些受燃油和化肥高价冲击的农民,
who can't get their product to market because of the war in Iran.
那些因为伊朗战争而无法把产品运到市场的农民——
Tell them it's golden?
告诉他们这是“黄金时代”?
You should tell them that we've had 2.6 percent economic growth since President Trump took office,
您应该告诉他们,自特朗普总统就职以来,我们实现了2.6%的经济增长,
despite the Democratic...
尽管民主党……
These farmers are pretty smart, Mr. Secretary.
这些农民很聪明,部长先生。
Well, people in California...
好吧,加州的人们……
RECLAIM IN MY TIME.
收回我的发言时间。
One person leaves California every two minutes...
每两分钟就有一个人离开加州……
These farmers are pretty smart, Mr. Secretary, and they're not gonna fall for that line.
这些农民很聪明,部长先生,他们不会上这种当的。
I understand your unwillingness to testify and answer questions about details
我理解您不愿就细节作证和回答问题,
regarding the IRS settlement with the Trump administration due to on-going litigation.
因为涉及国税局与特朗普政府和解协议的细节目前仍在诉讼中。
But at the end of the day your Department, the Treasury Department, and specifically the IRS
但归根结底,您的部门——财政部,特别是国税局——
is going to have to carry out its demands.
终究要执行该协议的要求。
And let me be very specific about
让我非常具体地说明一下
about what those demands are.
这些要求是什么。
The settlement says the IRS is prevented from raising any and all claims against the President
和解协议规定,国税局不得对总统提出任何及所有索赔,
with respect to any tax return filed before May 19, 2026.
涉及2026年5月19日之前提交的任何纳税申报表。
So, Mr. Secretary, as the head of the Treasury Department,
所以,部长先生,作为财政部的负责人,
you will be in charge of carrying out the demands of this settlement.
您将负责执行这项和解协议的要求。
So let me present a real, true scenario for you.
那么让我给您呈现一个真实可行的情景。
If on May 18, President Trump files an amendment to his 2024 federal tax return,
如果在5月18日,特朗普总统对他的2024年联邦纳税申报表提出修正,
and the amendment says, quote, I'm owed an extra $10 billion,
修正案上写着,引述,“我还应得额外100亿美元”,
that's the amount that he sued the IRS, that I forgot to claim on my tax return,
就是他曾起诉国税局要求的那笔金额,“我忘了在申报表中申报”,
is it your opinion that the settlement agreement signed by Todd Blanch,
那么,您是否认为,由托德·布兰奇——
the acting Attorney General and President Trump's former personal attorney,
代理司法部长兼特朗普总统前私人律师——签署的和解协议,
would require you to pay President Trump a billion dollars, no questions asked?
会要求您无条件地向特朗普总统支付100亿美元吗?
We will follow Justice Department's advice.
我们将遵循司法部的建议。
Okay, you won't answer that either.
好吧,这个问题您也不回答。
Do you think this is something that the American people should know?
您认为这是美国人民应该知道的事情吗?
How can you sit here and not provide any answers to the American people?
您怎么能坐在这里,却不给美国人民任何答案?
Because I follow the law.
因为我遵守法律。
Because it is astonishing to me that the President didn't know about this deal before it was signed.
因为令我震惊的是,总统在协议签署前竟然不知情。
Of course he knew about it. He directed it.
他当然知情,就是他授意的。
So why not cash out on his get-out-of-duty?
那他为什么不趁机兑现他的“免罪金牌”呢?
As I read it, he can absolutely file an amendment to his tax return and claim a giant tax refund.
据我理解,他完全可以提交纳税申报修正案,要求一笔巨额退税。
And you have to sit there and watch while he robs the Treasury,
而您只能坐在那里,眼睁睁看着他洗劫财政部,
and more important, while he robs the American people blind.
更重要的是,眼睁睁看着他公然掠夺美国人民。
That's as unacceptable as you refusing to answer questions posed to you by the members of this committee.
这和您拒绝回答本委员会成员提出的问题一样,令人无法接受。